Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Our Big Girl Talk



The other day I told Shelbi I wanted to have a "big girl" talk with her.

She said, "No, I don't want to."
I said, "Why not?"


She said "because I think that means I'm in trouble"


I told her it wasn't and we talked about how important it is for her to make good choices, how sometimes things don't seem bad because everyone else is doing it, but they are, and a few other things, I won't go into all the details... but she kept asking "why?". So I told her that I believe we have a Heavenly Father, and I believe in Satan and he tries to get us to do bad things and sometimes he's sneaky about it. And she said, "Oh! I understand."


The next day she came home and said, "Satan sure tried to get me today, mom!"


I said, "Oh.....?"


She said, "Yeah, he almost made me get a YELLOW sticker." (instead of green which means good).


The funniest part was the look on her face...so serious.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

did your heart hit the floor until she replied? That's too funny!

Mandy said...

That's so cute Jen. Good to know she really does listen to ya huh! I wish they could stay so innocent forever!!

*Ash said...

Haha! How cute! She is such a good kid! One time she told me that Mike had a bad mouth because he was "always saying dangit and stupid and calling people idiots". Haha! Maybe it's time for me to have a big girl talk w/ Mike too! you're such a good mom! You have such good kids!1

Colleen said...

Good job on the "big girl" talk. Know there will be many more in the years to come. You're doing such a great job 'cause your kids really are so good and sweet! love 'em.

Linde said...

That is the cutest thing I've heard. She is such a good girl. Thanks for sharing!