Sunday, February 10, 2008

Details...



Nate sometimes forgets to tell me little details....like for example



We took down the fence that seperated our driveway from the road in front of our house so a delivery truck could get through. Well, Nate was complaining that everyone was driving through there now (including myself) and it was tearing up our driveway, so he decided to tie a rope across it....and he forgot to mention this to me. So that night I took off in our little car and drove right through it! It scared the crap out of me! Luckily nothing happened to the car or the rope but I can't say what might happen to Nate....
I'm kidding actually he's pretty great, Yesterday he took all the kids to see Alvin and the Chipmonks so I could have some free time! He's brave, I sure wouldn't try to take the twins to a movie.





Shelbi came home from school on Friday and apparently she got her first Valentine. A huge chocolate heart from a boy on her bus. She showed me some diamonds (rocks) he also gave her, so I asked her if she liked him and she said no, but Shelbi can't be mean to anyone so she made him a special Valentine that says "Dear Chad, I'm really glad your my friend, you're a really good friend." I guess they learn what "Just Friends" really means in first grade.




It's the cutest saddest thing ever but lately Dax will reach over and try to give Trexton a hug and kiss him and Trex will just push him off. I get all proud of Dax for doing it....but at the same time, even though I feel sorry for Dax, I get a little proud of Trex for not putting up with it. It just causes a chain of different emotions. Crazy, Cute, Sad, Funny...I don't know, I feel it all!



8 comments:

Linde said...

That would have scared me too! And I can't beleive that he took them ALL to the movie! Crazy! Tell Shelbi boys can only always be her friend. That is a cute story! Who wouldn't want to be her Valentine! The boys are getting so big. I love when they learn to give kisses.

Dawn said...

usually it's the other way around, me forgetting the details to Tom. I give him a hard time for not listening to me about things, but I get caught sometimes and get busted. I'm so afraid of my own shadow, I'd freak out if it were dark and that happened to me. This week ought to be interesting with Valentine's Day. Meg tells me that the boys in her class call her puff ball when her hair is staticky, and I tell her that it's because they like her. I guess we'll see their true colors in the anonamous valentine drop!

Mandy said...

Those are the cutest stinkin boys! I love all the pictures of them. Sound like your busy.

Nicki said...

So funny Jen! I can picture you being so ticked at Nate for that. Sounds like he made up for it though by taking the kids to a movie. Sounds like your boys have very different personalities. That's good, that way they will always be a good balance for each other. They are adorable!!

Amanda said...

Awwww the kids are So darn cute. Nate is brave. That was really nice of him to do that for you. And he didn't have to call me for it. Haaa

Ashlee said...

Hi! Im so glad you found my blog! I was just asking Misty about you! Your kids are so cute. How is it having twins??? email me sometime! ashlee-taylor@hotmail.com

*Ash said...

Haha! They are SO cute!! Mike and I were both laughing about the story w/ Nate! I would've been SO scared!!

Colleen said...

Leave it to Nate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!