Monday, January 14, 2008

Can you say BOY CRAZY?


So the other day Shelbi came home from school and she says,

"I have a boyfriend mom"

These are the words I've dreaded hearing ever since she was born.

Still hoping I say "OH, what's his name?"

(this is where she used to say Nate), but sure enough she says, "Jacob"

So I asked, "Why don't you tell me about him?".

She goes on.. telling me all about this little turd.

At the end of the conversation I asked "Honey does Jacob know he's your boyfriend?".


"NO MOM! HOW EMBARASING!"


Luckily she stomped off before she could see me laughing. I guess Nate doesn't have to lock her up just yet....

Here's a picture of her after ballet. I'm thinking about putting her in a few more things so she doesn't have time to think about boys.


7 comments:

Chelsee said...

I love the ballet outfit, so cute.

*Ash said...

Haha! How cute! I can just imagine her telling you about it! It reminds me of the "I'd rather talk to mommy about it" story w/ Nate!

Linde said...

She looks so cute and so big! That is so funny. I think that it will be a sad day for me when Kenzi doesn't say her boyfriend is her dad. She is way to funny! HaHa

Mandy said...

I just had the same types of conversations with my girls TODAY! They start way too young. That is the cutest background, where do you find those?

Diane said...

Jim use to tell Katie that he was going to lock her in the cellar until she was 30 or he was dead.It didn't work and I don't think it will work with Kim either.He also used to tell her that if she brought a guy home that guy better be able to whoop him.Love hearing what you guys are doing.Can't beleive how much the kids have grown.

Colleen said...

I love your ballet slippers Shelbi and the outfit is waaayyy cute! Boys have cooties and germs, remember that! Plus you have Nate for a Dad so this should get tooo interesting in the future! You can always run away to Grammie's!

Dawn said...

remember kiss chase? She'll be playing that too. It's crazy how they pick up on things we did. It's just passed down on the playgroud. I'm with grama. Boys have cooties!