Friday, May 16, 2008

What am I supposed to do with this???

The last couple of days, the girls and I have seen this stray cat in the back yard once in a while. Any way the girls call it a kitty...so when Nate called the other night I was like, "We just saw the kitty again." Of course he had to tease me about calling it a "Kitty" and he asked is a kitten or a cat? I was like "shut up, it's a cat okay!" Then the next day I walked in the kitchen and I heard Harlee telling him about the KITTY and then he asked her "is it a baby cat or a big cat?" and she was like "A real baby one...two ob dum". He looks up at me and I'm shaking my head whispering it's a cat, stop teasing us already!

So later that day, after Nate went to work, I pulled into the garage and sure enough there are two baby kittens staring at me, and Harlee snoring in her carseat didn't even get to say "see, I told you".

Now what am I supposed to do? We hate cats! I heard they do eat scorpians though and the girls love them....One is kinda mean and hisses at you if you go near it, but the other one is pretty sweet.


10 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh, we HATE cats. It really helps that two of us are severely allergic, so it makes it much easier to bypass. I would suggest making them 'outside cats' or getting their shots if you are going to keep them. I've never heard of the eating scorpions thing, it's poison, so why wouldn't they get sick too? Good luck, your girls are already in love with them.

Misty said...

GET RID OF THEM! Just kidding, but I would. I have cats, they are evil! We always got cats in our yard growing up and we would just through them over the fence, they always landed on their feed, except for that one time . . .

Mary said...

If Noel liked other cats, I'd adopt them. You can always keep them as outside cats just get them their shots, and most important get them FIXED!!!! The pictures of the girls with the kitten are so cute.

Dorlene said...

Jen - keep the cats - they kill mice and snakes...just keep them outside and you shouldn't have a problem. I used to feed a stray mama cat out my backdoor and never had a mouse. Rowdy ran her off and every once in a while I have a mouse :-(

Nate & Emily said...

Kids usually know more than you think, they aren't always making things up!! We really should listen to them more often!

Marci said...

Robert HATES cats, but I HATE mice, so we got a cat and haven't had mice. R says it's because we remodeled our kitchen and filled in some holes that were under the house. Whatever it was at least we don't have mice now!

Linde said...

I HATE cats too! Kenzi would be in heaven if I let her have one. I want to see you get rid of them and break their hearts:( Just keep them and keep them outside. I think that it is funny and I am glad it is you and not me because as much as I hate them I would let my kids keep them to.

Chelsee said...

I don't like cats either, but they look really cute with your girls! :)

Colleen said...

And I paid someone $50 to drop them off! You'd better keep them! :) (just kidding)

Whitney said...

I actually like cats. Not my fave but i think they r cute and they do kill bugs and mice and such. Keep them outside though or youll have hair issues.... It a cute one though...See you this weekend!