Friday, December 19, 2008

Time Flies

I can't believe how fast these two are growing up. I just wanted to do a little update on my two little guys. This is Dax at 22 months, he weighs 25.8 lbs and is 34 inches tall. He is such a tease and has the cheesiest smile you've ever seen. He is the oldest by a whole minute and even though he's a little smaller you can definately tell he's the older brother.


This is Trex and he weighs 28 lbs. and is 34 1/2 inches tall. If I had to describe him in one word it would be "sweet". He loves to play with balls and he tries to be just like his older brother. He's definately the baby of the family.


They are both into everything you can imagine right now but I love watching them interact and grow up. In alot of ways having two is actually easier than one but, and I think most moms know, there are just those days when you feel like you're one step behind and those are the ones that really get me. Like the other day I put these two in the bath and started laying out their clothes on the bed, when I walked back in they had the toilet bowl cleaner and plunger in the tub with them....SO GROSS... so I got them up rinsed them off and got them out of the bath and I cleaned out the tub and then I walk into the kitchen and find that Trexton has pooped on the floor and is trying to sweep it up with the broom. AHHH so I grab both of them put diapers on them and move on to cleaning up that discusting mess. While I'm doing that they move into the living room and throw all the cushions off the couch and are jumping off the couch onto the cushions laughing. I think, "this isn't too bad"..and I put the cushions back on the couch, but while I'm doing that, Dax wanders into the kitchen and pulls an entire bag of lucky charms off the counter and onto the floor that I just finished mopping. That's when my mom calls and asks "Watcha doin?"...The saddest part is that if she hadn't called, I wouldn't have even thought twice about my day. But, even on days like this I love having them around.

9 comments:

Colleen said...

Double the fun and double the trouble!! They sure have the best Mom ever! It was fun to see you all. The boys are so cute and you sure described them perfectly. Shelbi and Harlee are such beautiful little girls and so well mannered. love ya all!

Lee Anne said...

I am exhausted after reading that. I can totally relate. I too agree that even though crazy at times, definately worth it!

Nicki said...

YEAH! You updated! They are ADORABLE and I am laughing my head off about your day. No one could handle it better than you Jen. You really are an amazing Mom! I wish we could see you guys more often!

*Ashley said...

They are too cute!! You have your hands FULL!! It was good to be able to hang out w/ you guys the other day!!

Dawn said...

Yikes! What a long day! It's like when older people get that starry eyed look at you and tell you to enjoy it because the time will fly by. These are the days when it's hard to believe. You're doing great!

Nate & Emily said...

Sounds crazy! I miss the little guys! Hope we get to see them soon. (And that really sounded just like mom "whatcha doin?")

Linde said...

I can't wait to see them! They are getting so big. I am so happy that they have you as their Mom. You are amazing! I couldn't help but laugh as I read about your day...or a few minutes out of your day!

Mandy said...

aw, the joys of motherhood!! they are such dolls. hope to see ya over christmas! miss ya tons. love ya

Unknown said...

What to say; I just had to cry; boy a picture is worth a thousand words and they describe them perfectly. Take care. Love to all